Do you need to get insurance for a new or used car or truck? If so, you have come to the right place. We have partnered with the top rated auto insurance providers – companies like GEICO, Progressive, Nationwide, and others – to allow you to check car insurance quotes on the web. Getting an auto insurance quote online from a vast selection of insurers is a surefire way to make sure you aren’t paying too much for your monthly premiums. After reviewing policies, premiums, and discounts between insurance providers, you can make the best decision about which policy is best-suited for you.
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
If you own a car or truck in Florida, you are not required to get car insurance.
Florida has regulations outlining the minimum amount of maximum liability you need to carry. Often, you will see these guidelines listed as 3 cash amounts, like $10,000/$20,000/$10,000. The first two numbers are the minimum thresholds for personal injury liability. The first is for one particular person in any automobile accident, the second for every person put together. The last sum relates to property damage liability.
Alternatively, motorists in the state may fulfill the requirements with a single combined policy.
Florida No-Fault Insurance
Florida is one of the 12 no fault insurance states in the US. In a no fault state, the policyholder must pay medical bills for you and your passengers, even if you were not to blame for the accident. No fault states have these legal guidelines set up in order to curtail insurance fraud – a big issue in some states.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Florida
Uninsured motorist insurance is not required in Florida. Uninsured motorist insurance, generally known as UM/UIM coverage, pays for bodily injury to the insured, a relative or others in the insured’s care in the event that the injury was caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Lots of experts highly recommend that you get uninsured motorist coverage, no matter whether UM/UIM insurance is required where you live or not. Why? Because close to 15 percent of American motorists are estimated to be uninsured.
- Auto Insurance Boca Raton, FL
- Auto Insurance Coral Gables, FL
- Auto Insurance Davie, FL
- Auto Insurance Fort Myers, FL
- Auto Insurance Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Auto Insurance Ft. Myers, FL
- Auto Insurance Hialeah, FL
- Auto Insurance Hollywood, FL
- Auto Insurance Jacksonville, FL
- Auto Insurance Kendall, FL
- Auto Insurance Lakeland, FL
- Auto Insurance Laud Lakes, FL
- Auto Insurance Lauderhill, FL
- Auto Insurance Melbourne, FL
- Auto Insurance Miami Gardens, FL
- Auto Insurance Miami, FL
- Auto Insurance Naples, FL
- Auto Insurance Orlando, FL
- Auto Insurance Pembroke Pines, FL
- Auto Insurance Pensacola, FL
- Auto Insurance Plantation, FL
- Auto Insurance Pompano Beach, FL
- Auto Insurance Sarasota, FL
- Auto Insurance South Miami, FL
- Auto Insurance St. Petersburg, FL
- Auto Insurance Sunrise, FL
- Auto Insurance Tallahassee, FL
- Auto Insurance Tampa, FL
- Auto Insurance West Palm Beach, FL