Are you looking to insure a new or used car or truck? If so, you have come to the right place. We have partnered with the very best auto insurers – issuers such as GEICO, Progressive, Nationwide, and others – to enable you to compare car insurance rates online. Requesting an auto insurance quote from an extensive selection of insurance providers is a guaranteed way to make sure you won’t be overpaying with regard to your monthly premiums. After reviewing policies, premiums, and discounts from a variety of insurance providers, you can make the best decision about which policy is best for you.
Louisiana Auto Insurance Requirements
Drive a car in Louisiana? If so, you are required to get a car insurance policy. We should look at the car insurance laws in Louisiana. Louisiana has legislation outlining the dollar amount of max liability coverage you need to possess. Often, you will see these liability coverages displayed as 3 usd amounts, for example $15,000/$30,000/$25,000. Louisiana insurance minimums are as follows.
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for 1 Individual: $15,000
- Bodily Injury Liability Limit for All Parties: $30,000
- Property Damage Liability Limit: $25,000
Louisiana: No-Fault State?
Louisiana is not a no-fault insurance state. Under no-fault auto insurance laws, the policyholder must pay the medical expenses of you and your vehicle’s occupants, regardless of who caused the crash. No fault states have these laws and regulations established to lessen insurance fraud.
Louisiana Uninsured Motorist Insurance
In Louisiana, you are not required to carry uninsured motorist insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage, also known as UM/UIM coverage, pays for bodily injury sustained by a covered person as a result of an accident with an at-fault driver who is uninsured or flees the scene of the accident. Here at Get a Car Insurance Quote Online, we suggest that you get uninsured motorist protection, regardless of whether UM/UIM insurance is required in your state or not. Why? Because close to 15 percent of US drivers do not have car insurance.
- Auto Insurance Alexandria, LA
- Auto Insurance Baton Rouge, LA
- Auto Insurance Bossier City, LA
- Auto Insurance Gretna, LA
- Auto Insurance Houma, LA
- Auto Insurance Kenner, LA
- Auto Insurance Lafayette, LA
- Auto Insurance Lake Charles, LA
- Auto Insurance Marrero, LA
- Auto Insurance Metairie, LA
- Auto Insurance Monroe, LA
- Auto Insurance New Iberia, LA
- Auto Insurance New Orleans, LA
- Auto Insurance Shreveport, LA
- Auto Insurance Slidell, LA