Why not get lower rates on car insurance in Maryland? Reviewing quotes from many different providers is of utmost importance. That’s the reason we founded Get a Car Insurance Quote Online. In point of fact, we’ve established a relationship with prominent auto insurance firms in Maryland to allow you to compare quotes from a wide variety of companies…on the web. Maryland insurance companies may include:
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
These and many more!
To get started, just submit your local zipcode in the field above. Our system will automatically create a list of insurance providers that are popular with Maryland drivers. After that you can review rates, plans, and eligibility standards.
Auto Insurance Laws in Maryland
In Maryland, auto insurance is required.
We should discuss the car insurance requirements in Maryland. Maryland has policies mandating the dollar amount of liability coverage you will have to carry. Oftentimes, you might find these insurance requirements listed as three usd amounts, e.g. $20,000/$40,000/$15,000.
Car Insurance minimum requirements in Maryland are as follows.
- $20,000: Bodily injury liability maximum for a single person injured in an accident
- $40,000: Bodily injury liability maximum for all injuries in one single accident
- $15,000: Property damage liability maximum for one accident
Maryland is the only state in which PIP coverage may be waived for the policyholder, but remains mandatory for passengers.
No-Fault Insurance: Maryland?
Maryland is not one of the dozen no-fault insurance states in the US. In no states, a car insurance policy must pay the medical expenses of you and your passengers, even if you didn’t cause the crash. No-fault states have these laws in place to curtail insurance fraud.
Maryland UM/UIM Laws
In Maryland, uninsured motorist coverage is required. Uninsured motorist protection, otherwise known as UM/UIM coverage, protects a motorist from uninsured drivers and hit-and-run drivers. Many insurance specialists suggest that you get uninsured motorist insurance, no matter if UM/UIM insurance is required in your state or not. How come? Because close to three in 20 US drivers are thought to be uninsured.
- Auto Insurance Annapolis, MD
- Auto Insurance Baltimore, MD
- Auto Insurance Bethesda, MD
- Auto Insurance Bowie, MD
- Auto Insurance Cheverly, MD
- Auto Insurance Columbia, MD
- Auto Insurance Darnestown, MD
- Auto Insurance Frederick, MD
- Auto Insurance Gaithersburg, MD
- Auto Insurance Glen Burnie, MD
- Auto Insurance Hagerstown, MD
- Auto Insurance Hyattsville, MD
- Auto Insurance Laurel, MD
- Auto Insurance Millersville, MD
- Auto Insurance Montgomery Village, MD
- Auto Insurance Rockville, MD
- Auto Insurance Silver Spring, MD
- Auto Insurance Takoma Park, MD
- Auto Insurance Temple Hills, MD
- Auto Insurance Wheaton, MD