Why not save money on New Jersey car insurance? Checking prices from multiple insurers is key. This is the reason we founded our site: to help you look at New Jersey car insurance quotes. Actually, we have established a relationship with leading auto insurance companies throughout the country to allow you to compare bids from an in-depth selection of carriers – without leaving home! Participating insurance companies may include:
These and others!
To get going, just submit your local zipcode in the space above. We will instantly generate a long list of insurance carriers who cater to New Jersey motorists. From that point you’ll assess price quotes, coverages, and eligibility criteria.
New Jersey Car Insurance Law
For New Jersey drivers, insurance is required.
New Jersey has legislation mandating the degree of liability coverage you are required to have. Very often, you might find these liability thresholds shown as 3 usd figures, i.e. $15,000/$30,000/$5,000.
- Bodily injury liability maximum for a single person hurt in an accident: $15,000
- Bodily injury liability maximum for all injuries in a single accident: $30,000
- Property damage liability maximum for one single accident: $5,000
Optional, basic NJ policies may carry only 10/10/5 in coverage and are not available with uninsured motorist coverage. For all standard policies, however, UM/UIM coverage is required.
No Fault Insurance: New Jersey?
New Jersey is a no-fault insurance state. Under no-fault auto insurance laws, the policyholder must pay the medical expenses of you and your passengers, regardless of who was at fault for the wreck. No fault car insurance laws limit insurance fraud.
New Jersey Uninsured Motorist Laws
In New Jersey, uninsured motorist coverage is required. Uninsured motorist insurance, generally known as UM/UIM coverage, allows a policyholder to receive damages for any injury they receive from an uninsured, negligent driver. Lots of insurance agents highly recommend that you get uninsured motorist coverage, regardless of whether it’s required where you live. This is because almost 3 out of every 20 American drivers aren’t covered by insurance.
- Auto Insurance Bergenline, NJ
- Auto Insurance Bricktown, NJ
- Auto Insurance Camden, NJ
- Auto Insurance Clifton, NJ
- Auto Insurance Edison, NJ
- Auto Insurance Elizabeth, NJ
- Auto Insurance Ewing, NJ
- Auto Insurance Hamilton, NJ
- Auto Insurance Jersey City, NJ
- Auto Insurance New Brunswick, NJ
- Auto Insurance Newark, NJ
- Auto Insurance Paterson, NJ
- Auto Insurance Plainfield, NJ
- Auto Insurance Summit Avenue, NJ
- Auto Insurance Tinton Falls, NJ
- Auto Insurance Toms River, NJ
- Auto Insurance Trenton, NJ
- Auto Insurance Union City, NJ
- Auto Insurance Wall, NJ
- Auto Insurance Weehawken, NJ