Would you like to insure a new car, truck, or SUV? If so, you have come to the right place. We have partnered with the best auto insurance carriers – issuers like GEICO, Progressive, Nationwide, and many more – to help you to find the lowest auto insurance premiums on the web! Asking for a car insurance quote online from a diverse assortment of insurance companies is the only way to make sure you won’t be paying too much with respect to your monthly premiums. After looking at policies, rates, and discounts from many different insurance providers, you can make the best decision about which policy is best for your car.
Virginia Car Insurance Law
For everyone who drives a car in Virginia, insurance is mandatory. Virginia has laws mandating the minimum level of liability you are required to possess. Typically, you might find these liability minimums displayed as three dollar amounts, like $25,000/$50,000/$20,000.
- $25,000: bodily injury liability maximum for someone getting injured in a crash
- $50,000: bodily injury liability maximum for personal injuries to all people in one accident
- $20,000: property-damage liability maximum for one accident
No Fault Insurance in Virginia
Virginia is not one of the dozen no-fault insurance states in the US. Under no fault auto insurance laws, an auto insurance policy must pay medical bills for you and your vehicle’s occupants, no matter who was at fault for the collision. No fault auto insurance laws are meant to lessen insurance fraud.
Uninsured Motorist Insurance in Virginia
In Virginia, uninsured motorist coverage is required. Uninsured motorist protection, often known as UM/UIM coverage, pays for bodily injury to the insured, a relative or others in the insured’s care when the injury is caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
Here at Get a Car Insurance Quote Online, we recommend that you get uninsured motorist protection, no matter if UM/UIM protection is required in your state or not. This is because almost 3 in 20 American drivers are not covered by insurance.
- Auto Insurance Alexandria, VA
- Auto Insurance Arlington, VA
- Auto Insurance Charlottesville, VA
- Auto Insurance Chesapeake, VA
- Auto Insurance Fairfax, VA
- Auto Insurance Falls Church, VA
- Auto Insurance Fredericksburg, VA
- Auto Insurance Hampton, VA
- Auto Insurance Henrico, VA
- Auto Insurance Herndon, VA
- Auto Insurance Lynchburg, VA
- Auto Insurance Manassas, VA
- Auto Insurance Newport News, VA
- Auto Insurance Norfolk, VA
- Auto Insurance Portsmouth, VA
- Auto Insurance Richmond, VA
- Auto Insurance Roanoke, VA
- Auto Insurance Springfield, VA
- Auto Insurance Virginia Beach, VA
- Auto Insurance Woodbridge, VA